About this Service
Tri-lingual (German, Turkish, and English fluent speaker) psychotherapist/counsellor and clinical supervisor with 20 years’ experience working in the UK, Europe, and Turkey with a diverse range of clients and issues.
Expertise in working with adults, young people who self-harm, students, couples, conducting therapy and support groups especially with women suffering from domestic violence and trauma, exploring and resolving issues such as relationship problems; anger; anxiety; depression; trauma; childhood related issues; managing stress; loss and separation.
Have also undertaken, for 7 years , a managerial role, overseeing a dozen members of staff in a public mental health service organisation, helping them resolve practical and clinical difficulties they are facing with their own clients and managing child protection issues. Managing services for individuals with mental health problems who are at higher risk of experiencing chronic physical health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and ‘medically unexplained symptoms’.
Experience, Focus Areas and Condition Specialisations
- Anger Management
- Child Related Issues
- Cultural or Race Issues
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personal Development
- Post-Traumatic Stress and PTSD
- Relationship Counselling or Marriage Counselling
- Work Related Issues
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Person Centred
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
Main Client Groups
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Young People
- Long-Term, Face-to-Face
- Online Therapy or Counselling
- Short-Term, Face-to-Face
- Telephone Counselling
- Psychotherapist/Counsellor with 20 years’ practical experience in both public and private sector working with individuals, couples, young people, groups and families.
- Methods utilised: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic, Holistic Approach, Integrative, Eclectic, Relational, Mindfulness, Group Analytic Approach.
- Specialism: Integrative, eclectic bespoke method adopted for targeting the root cause and resolving each client’s issue.
- Expertise in resolving: Relationship issues, family issues, bereavement, anxiety, depression, parenting issues, domestic abuse, men and women specific issues, bullying, work/redundancy -related stress, cultural/gender and racial identity issues, student issues (exam stress), personal development, health anxiety, pregnancy related issues, a variety of phobias and absessions, low self-esteem, confidence issues, shame and guilt issues.
This practitioner prefers to be identified as: Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Supervisor
- BACP Accred